I turned 20 last week and it honestly feels great. I never thought that a birthday would change anything but this year it just feels like things are going to be great. You know, sometimes you have a good feeling about something, well I have it. I thought that it would be strange to leave the 1 behind and enter the twenties but I love it. The other day I thought a bit about what i have learnt in the last 20 years and how I want to apply these things for next few years to live my best life.
1. You have to live for yourself and not for others, You are you and you deserve to live the life you want to live.
2. Respect is the key for everything. If you respect other people you will always get it back, it is such an easy thing but goes a long way, trust me.
3. People will always comment, no matter what you do. There will always be someone that doesn’t agree with what you do but this person isn’t worth it and you just have to get over it ( yes it is easy to say)
4. Don’t compare yourself to others. Everybody has its own strengths, someone might be very good at singing, another person might have really long legs, but think about what you have that they might not have. Think about your own strengths and learn to love them.
5. There are good and bad things about being an introvert but the moment you learn to live with it, it gets easier.
6. Everyone can become positive. It might take some time and determination but at the end it is worth it.
7. Everything happens for a reason, yes shit happens sometimes and it can be really annoying but maybe it was better like that and you have probably learnt something from it.
8. Having a few GOOD friends is better than having a lot of acquaintances.
9. Travelling is the most amazing thing, you learn so much and it helps to become more openminded. I am definitely planning on travelling more the next few years.
10. You cannot be loved by everybody just as much as you cannot love everybody.
11. Coffee is the most amazing drink. Nothing more to say.
12. If you don’t have the biggest self-confidence a good motto is “fake it till you make it”. Isn’t always easy but other people don’t see what you really think so why not give the impression that you are self-confident?
13. I love doing things on my own, going to a restaurant, travelling, going to an exhibition… there is something about it that I really like, you can just do what you want to.
14. Every challenge in life makes you grow and you will become stronger and stronger. Accept it and be thankful.
15. Your clothes get bigger while you are travelling, at the end of a vacation they probably have doubled in size and your suitcase has become way too small.
16. Plants make your home more alive unless you are like me and no matter what you do they don’t survive.
17. Live in the moment, this one is HARD and I am still working on it. Try to live right now and try not to think about your future or your past. Life is now and you have to enjoy all the opportunities.
18. Everybody changes and sometimes two individuals don’t have the same interests anymore, it’s life and change is good.
19. Self tan can be very convenient but also very risky.
20. Coming out of your comfort zone makes the best memories, you just have to go for it!