Corn fritters are definitely a thing. I see them on pretty much every brunch menu, especially in Aussie cafés. Topped with a poached egg, a side of bacon and of course halloumi. I recently went for brunch and decided to order a stack of these yummy savoury fritters. They were amazing and I have been dreaming about them ever since. The whole combination of corn, courgette, avocado, a sauce or salsa and maybe feta or halloumi is dreamy. A match made in heaven if you ask me.
And now let me tell you the best news; I have a super quick and easy recipe for an amazing breakfast, brunch or lunch. Or snack at any time of the day. So if there’s one more meal you make before the little yellow gems leave us for another year, make these fritters. And then obviously go for canned corn because you won’t be able to live 12 months without them.
- 2 ears of corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 1/2 a zucchini, grated
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour
- 4 tbsp polenta
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Garlic granules
- Chilli flakes (to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
Start by cooking your corn (alternatively you can take canned corn). Grate your courgette and squeeze out the excess water. Mix everything in a big bowl and taste, adjust if it needs more salt, pepper or spices.
Let it sit for a few minutes whilst you heat a pan with some oil.
Take about 2 tablespoons of the batter at a time and form the fritters. Fry them for around 3 minutes on each side. Put them aside until you have no batter left.
– Avocado mash, soft boiled egg, coconut ‘bacon’ and lemon zest
– Avocado salsa, roasted red pepper salsa, poached egg and arugula
– Beetroot hummus, greens and halloumi
– Smoked salmon, coconut yogurt and microgreens
– Homemade baked beans, avocado mash, and cashew sour cream
– Green tahini sauce, feta, and roasted tomatoes