It can be hard to find healthy snacks that don’t cost a fortune when you are on the go (and that actually taste good). I love good old energy balls and let’s be honest, homemade ones taste so much better and you can customize them as much as you want to! A lot of people think that it needs a lot of effort to make a healthy snack but it couldn’t be easier. You really just need to put everything in a blender and voila you have your delicious snack for the week.
These ones taste just like brownie batter. Yes you heard it right! But guess what?! they are actually really good for you. They are so gooey and rich that you don’t even want to reach for the real brownies anymore. So a perfect treat with an energy boost.
You will need:
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 5-6 tsp of cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs
- pinch of salt
1. Put the dates in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until you have a smooth paste.
2. Add in the nuts, cacao and salt and blend until everything is combined.
3. Then add the cacao nibs and blend until they are just mixed in (they will add a bit of crunch)
4. Roll the mixture into balls and cover them with more cacao powder.
5. Put them in the fridge to firm up and enjoy!
I thought about making a series and share more energy bite recipes. Would you be interested to get a bit more inspiration?